Friday 15 August 2008

What business people need to travel in China

Last Thursday morning, I was at Shanghai Pudong airport, waiting for a taxi. A guy came over and asked me which bus he should take for Yiwu which is the most famous market place for small merchandize in China. I could not tell which country he is from. His dark skin suggests that he may be from Africa. But I am not sure since Southern Asian can also have dark skin. His English was not good at all. I can hardly communicate with him in English.
Going to Yiwu is not a simple trip that I can tell him at his English level. After 15 minutes broken conversation, I had to give up. Poor guy. I can imagin all kinds of problems he is going to have before he makes to Yiwu.
Although it is not difficult to arrange a trip to Yiwu, it is for sure an adventure for a overseas business man/woman to figure that our by herself/himself.
I wish he had found 4 or 5 friends and contact me in advance. I could arrage the trip for them so easily.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is much easier to have an insider helping you.

 
© copyright 2007 - 2008 Rebecca HOU (all rights reserved)